Having Fun At Bank Negara's Money Museum & Art Gallery, KL


It’s been a long time since I last met Fatin. We've both grown up and been very busy with our careers. And I can't tell you how happy I was when we finally got a chance to meet up and decided to visit Bank Negara's Money Museum & Art Gallery in KL.

Before entering the museum, we had to go through a security check as it is a high-security place. And we need to leave our bags in the car. The entrance was free of charge and I was also given a guide booklet. The museum is spacious with three floors and 7 galleries.


The first gallery was Kids Gallery and we had to pass through the Million Ringgit Tunnel. The tunnel was decorated with real ringgit notes from RM 1 to RM 1000. The sum of ringgits was actually reaching one million!





Writing a cash cheque.


Even though the gallery was for the kids but I'm having so fun much here! There were various interactives/games to keep the kids entertained and I got a chance to stamping my own money!


A section that detailed out the security features of currency notes.


The next gallery was Economics Gallery, which featured stories about Malaysia's economic development since independence. There was also Islamic Finance Gallery, which displayed the concept of economics in the Islamic world as well as Malaysia's achievements in expanding the Islamic Financial System. Following that was Bank Negara Gallery which focused on the Central Bank of Malaysia's important role and responsibilities in maintaining the financial and economic health of the country.

Busy woman.

A replica of a vault room.



I used to have this Lat's Buku Wang Suku, a part of the national savings campaign as financial education for young Malaysians.

Giant-sized business newspaper. The best spot to take pictures.





Banana money.


The next gabenor will be me!


Writing positive feedback for BNM.


Moving on to the Numismatics Gallery. This was the most interesting gallery because there was a section called the River of Coins. Basically, it is a collection of coins from the 15th century to the 20th century. There was also a collection of old currency notes and colonial-era coupons.

Me thinking about how to buy 'nasi lemak' with crocodile-shaped tin money.


Stone money.


Bank notes from countries around the world.


We went to the top floor to check out their Art Gallery, which houses the Central Bank of Malaysia's art collection includes works by well-known ASEAN artists.






There are lifts, but we took the spiral staircase in the center for pictures!


It was a day well spent. I was pleasantly surprised by how interactive and interesting the study of economics, banking and financial planning matters could be. It's definitely worth a visit!

Comments

  1. It is interesting.
    I wonder if I wrecked the tunnel, will I get the money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of places! I would love to go there cause i just love old money and i am a collector too.... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. nampak best! lagi best sebab entrance free hehe. rindunya zaman guna buku wang saku tu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interests me.. I cant bring my 4 yr old girl coz i know she gets bored easily..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many kids visited here, especially in kids' section. There are a lot of games there! You may try bring your girl :)

      Delete

Post a Comment