25 Lessons Upon A 25th Birthday


Today, 28th February 2022. I'm officially turned 25 years old. Halfway to 50, the quarter-century mark (wow).  If I had to describe my entire day in one word, it would be blissful. I was overjoyed with the biggest highlight of my day, which was receiving a bouquet of sunflowers from Bad, going on a Petrosains date, satisfying my sushi craving and celebrating my birthday with my family at Tsuka Cafe, Bangsar. Those moments were enjoyable times.

I feel like I’ve changed so much in the last few years. I wouldn't recognize the old version of myself if I looked back on who I was and who I am now. So I thought I would share a reflective post today about 25 life lessons I’ve learned throughout my 25 years and how I intend to apply them in my 25th year!

1) Not overexplaining yourself is self-care.
2) You aren't the center of everyone’s world. Stay focused on your life only.
3) Life is all about good and bad days.
4) Be good, but don’t waste time trying to prove it.
5) Constantly chasing perfection will keep you permanently stressed.
6) Not getting everything done is valid.
7) The life in front of you is way more important than the life behind you.
8) Embrace spending time alone and reinvent yourself in the process.
9) Say goodbye to the people that don’t bring positive energy into your life.
10) In this life, just be a good servant.
11) Don’t take everything personally. Sentiasa santai di posisi.
12) It’s hard to find a quality friend. Do appreciate it if you have one.
13) My mom is the strongest person I’ve ever met.
14) Being outside the comfort zone is the only way to grow.
15) A private life is a happy life.
16) Trust your friends when it comes to picking a man.
17) Stop comparing your life to the lives of others. We all have different paths to take in life.
18) Forgives. Show grace always. Let them to off the hook.
19) Family comes first in every single way.
20) Eat for pleasure, not guilt.
21) Positivity is priceless.
22) Be willing to letting go of the toxic relationship.
23) Take a lot of photos to ensure that your memories last a lifetime.
24) Don’t be concerned about something that hasn't happened yet and don’t be regret something that has.
25) You will glow differently when you fix your ibadah.


25 and I'm just as grateful as I've always been. For still being alive and well, for the lovely people I have in my life, and for where I am now. Alhamdulillah

Comments

  1. Happiest birthday to you and that 25 points, agree 100%! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this list of lessons T_T Might want to put it as a daily quote for myself if I could.

    But, happiest birthday to you Sarah! Hope you had a great celebration with friends and family :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm happy to share. Thank you soo much syazwani :3

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I love all the 25 points you made, the most relatable ones for me are point number 13, 19 and 15. I have yet to learn point number 7, 17 and 24. Great post, hope you had a blast of celebration and may your 25th year is accompanied with more nice things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you afifah <3 I'm wishing you all the best for the future!

      Delete

Post a Comment