Day Trip To Pahang (Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary & Deerland)

November 30, 2016


Assalamualaikum wbt and hello everyone! I'm really sorry for being silent again since last week. I was busy preparing myself for the new semester and I know that I owe you a lot of things. Yup, I'm such a bad blogger (sob). This week, I started my 4th semester and my life has been pretty good. Before I'm getting extremely busy, I thought I should write a post about my day trip with my sister and her friends to Pahang that happened last week and I'm going to share some photos on that day.


Our first stop was Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary that's only took just 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur. It is a sanctuary for rescued and orphaned elephant thus located near the town of Lancang. They don't offer elephant rides here but the elephants are well looked after, fed and treated. 


We chose to reach there in the afternoon to watch a short presentation and introduction about the elephants at there. We have been told how the elephants rescued and some of them are retired elephant. There a few elephants that have lost one of their legs because has been attacked by the predator. Fundamentally, they are wild animals who are just being taught a few simple things before being returned to the wild. Then, each of them will performed their individual skills and tricks such as how they helped their caretaker to reach at the part of their back before the caretaker can ride them. The best part is when I saw the elephant passing a stick to their caretaker. It's so adorable! I really enjoyed the presentation that demonstrated how strong elephants are and how good their balance was. I was glad that the elephants at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary looked happy and were not abused or trained to do silly tricks. 



After the presentation, we got chance to feed the elephants with fruits prepared by the rangers. So it was a bit crowded and little crazy since the guests will rush to feed and take close-up photos with the elephants. However, I still had a good time feeding the elephants and learning more about the sanctuary's mission.




Afterwards, the caretaker brought us to a platform by a river to watch them bath and play in the water. Usually, they let guests swim in the water with the elephants but too bad the water is too high so we are not allowed to go in the water with them. We just got to stand in a gazebo and watch the elephants in the water. It was fun watching them having a good time and splash around in the water with their caretaker.


The actual size of mammoth, Asian elephant and pygmy elephant



Our next destination is Deerland, a small family owned petting zoo that also located near Kuala Gandah in Pahang and situated 3 km from Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. Basically, it is a deer park but there are other animals in the compound too. Admission for Deerland is RM6 for adult and RM3 for children with a coupon for deer food.


At the enclosure, we exchanged the coupons and got three small baskets of potatoes that already cut into small pieces to feed the deers. Some of them are friendly or aggresive and surely I'm the one that really excited to feed the deers.



After the deer enclosure, we passed to the other cages that containing various types of birds, bengal cats, peacocks, snakes, raccoon, rabbits, hedgehogs and fluffy chickens.

Indian peafowl and albino peacock





Then, we moved to the small enclosure where the friendly staff allowed us to hold the snake and lizards. I'm not a huge fan of lizards but I want to make a priority to never let fear stop me from doing things. I would be damned if I wasn't going to hold the lizard.

Pretend to be brave

Lastly, we headed to Genting Highlands for short strolls and dinner!

Overall, the entire experiences was fun! They are such beautiful animals and be cared by the most passionate wildlife people that I have ever met. It is well worth a visit. Very recommended for animal lovers like me that passionate about wildlife! If anyone has questions to ask, do let me know in the comments below! That's all for today, xoxo!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Menarik.. Tak pernah pergi lagi ni..

    Sy follow sini.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following <3 nnt pergi pahang, singgah la sini ^_^

      Delete